BPC Timber to Masonry Joist Hanger – 47mm x 225mm
There are only 60 of this item in stock.
If this is for a larger order, please contact us on 0161 794 1783 as we may be able to order this item for you.
Order BPC Timber to Masonry Joist Hanger 47mm x 225mm. The standard Single Piece Masonry Hanger is designed for building into brickwork or blockwork.
BPC Galvanised Steel Joist Hanger Product Details
- Manufactured from 2.0mm thick pre-galvanised steel to BS EN 10346 : 2009, DX51D + G600 compliant with BS6178: Part 1:1990 and to the requirements of BS5268
- Wide top flange design to offer increased loading capacity on masonry with a minimum crushing strength of 2.8N/mm2 and above
- Joist hangers 150mm deep and over are manufactured 10mm less to allow for notching and regularisation of timber joists
- All hangers feature 75mm bearing surface and pre-punched side gussets to allow nail fixing into timber joists with 30 x 3.75mm sherardized square twist nails
- Width: 47mm
- Height: 225mm
Masonry Joist Hanger Installation Details
- The back plate of the joist hanger must be flush against the supporting masonry
- A minimum of 675mm of cured masonry must be in position above the joist hanger flanges before any load is applied
- Timber joists should be cut square and butt up to the back face of the hanger with a maximum allowed gap of 6mm
- Nail to the timber joist through all pre-punched holes in each side gusset with 30×3.75mm sherardized square twist nails
- It is recommended that ceiling joists are notched at the hanger base to achieve a level surface when using plasterboards
Our wide range of BPC Joist Hangers are available to order today with free delivery when you spend over £60. Not to mention, price breaks on bulk quantities for larger orders. We also stock joist hangers from leading brands on the market.